Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Microsoft Office 2007

If you have not used Microsoft Office 2007 yet, then you are in for a big surprise. This is the first of the Office Suites that I have not been involved in beta testing and so when I first looked at it I was totally awed. Microsoft has exchanged its usual menu bar in favor of what it terms ribbon navigation. It is rather like tabbed navigation but with some major changes.

All of your usual work icons are grouped in sections on the "ribbon" and many editing changes can be viewed "live" in the document as you move through your options.

After playing around with it for a while I began to feel more and more comfortable with it, but I keep finding new things to "play" with.

If we get new laptops any time soon (if not when) I was told that they would probably have Office 2007 on them, so be prepared for some practice and in-service.

No comments: